I'm looking for a two-sided, flippable mattress that will last me at least 10 years....one that has a good guarantee...unlike the Simmons Beautyrest that wants to measure a indentation with a broom stick and a tape measure without adding any weight to the mattress at all. I would like a free in home trial over 30 days. No memory foam that sucks you in like quick sand and your unable to move. I need a mattress that will go onto a adjustable bed. I need inner coils that can hold up a overweight person. I need a pillow top that is extra Cushioning that will help with fibromyalgia and arthritis. I need a money back guarantee if I'm not satisfied. I also want a bed that you can't feel motion of the other person. Flip able would be wonderful. I like a thick mattress over 12 inches. Can you help pick the right mattress ? PS. Reasonably priced! Thank you, Mary.
First, let me say that I couldn't help but be amused. In thinking about where one might go to make such a purchase, I envision that place to be somewhere over the rainbow. However, even there, the wait time must pretty long to have a mattress like that made...considering that all the employees arrive to work at 1, take an hour for lunch, and then at 2 they're done.
So, let's take that balloon ride back to Kansas...back to the real world, where you can't always get what you want...but where you can get what you need.
1) Every mattress manufacturer's warranty calls for measuring indentations the same way Simmons does. It's the industry standard.
2) All pillowtop mattresses lose their shape easily under average weight, let alone under someone who is over weight.
3) Comfort exchanges are the crutch that allows for salespeople not having to know their product very well, or knowing which mattress to suggest for your needs. After all, you can always exchange it. Most stores allow for only one exchange, where you are faced with neither you nor the salesperson knowing what to do next...panic time.
When buying from a store that offers a comfort exchange, you are faced with the distinct possibility of receiving a mattress that someone else has returned...another sharp edge to that sword. I find that it is far better to know what you're doing before you do it, eliminating the need for an exchange and eliminating all the guesswork.
4) There are very few mattresses that can be returned for a refund. For those where you can, the prices are exorbitant....and, they are usually made of memory foam.
5) I don't know what you consider to be reasonably priced, but you will require something that will hold an overweight person and provide comfort that lasts. That kind of quality doesn't come cheap.
All that said, I do have a recommendation for you that has worked like a charm over the past several years, under these very same conditions...and provide everything you need to sleep well....with no memory foam.
The Therapedic two-sided Keepsake Cameo in plush topped with a 2" soft latex removable pillow topper.
Delivery is free and there's no sales tax. Here are the links to those items.
Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.